TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Vodacom Competition Vodacom Financial Services (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the Vodacom “VodaPay Radio Competition” Competition (the “Competition”) where listeners stand a chance to win R5000 a day per station. All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions: Duration […]
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Vodacom Financial Services (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the Vodacom “VodaPay Radio Competition” Competition (the “Competition”) where listeners stand a chance to win R5000 a day per station.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
- The Competition is open to all participants who are over 18 and in possession of a valid South Africa ID from the 11th of September 2019 to the 20th of September 2019 (the “End Date”).
- The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
- Participants stand a chance of winning R5000 per day, (the “Prize”).
- The following are excluded from the Prize:
4.1 Any and all data and airtime charges incurred while entering into the Competition.
- Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
- The Competition is only open to natural persons in possession of a valid South African ID who are at least 18 years and older. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst other Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
- Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
- Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom and all participating stores, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the sponsoring, devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate in this Competition.
- Participants must reside in South Africa and be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the End Date.
- In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges.
- In order to stand a chance of winning in the Competition, –
- Listeners must download the VodaPay Application from either the Google Play store for Android devices or the App Store on IOS devices. Once downloaded:
- Qualifying entrants must then take a screenshot of the VodaPay Application once they have downloaded it;
- Thereafter, the entrant must post the screenshot on each of the relevant radio station’s social media pages using the hashtags as recommended;
- Listeners must then state what they would use their winnings for on the VodaPay Application, (e.g. “paying for their bills, buying airtime… etc.”).
- The participating radio station is Metro FM.
- Participants may only win the Competition once, but may participate as many times as possible.
- There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition apart from the standard data costs to upload a valid entry, as explained in clause 14 Standard data costs apply as per the user’s Service Provider and existing price plan for data usage.
- Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Competition or in claiming any prizes, where applicable.
- Data transfer speeds are not guaranteed and are dependent on network availability and utilisation.
- The winners will be randomly selected on or after the End Date from all eligible entries who meet all the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions. The verified winners will be notified within a week of the selections after he / she has been selected and verified as a winner.
- All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be managed, captured and approved by Vodacom.
- Vodacom will share personal details of the respective winners, such as name and contact number with a Vodacom approved third party agency, (Metro FM), who will notify the respective winners that they have won in the Competition, and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect prize fulfilment.
- Vodacom and the relevant radio station will use reasonable efforts to contact the winners either via direct messaging on their social media profile OR telephonically OR via SMS on the contact details provided by the participants to participate in the Competition.
- Vodacom shall attempt to contact the winners for a period of 2 (two) normal working week days after their names have been drawn and verified as winners. The winners will be contacted during normal working hours, between 8 (eight) in the morning and 5 (five) in the afternoon. Winners will be advised of arrangements in respect of prizes at the time of contacting the selected winners.
- Should a participant not be available on the contact details provided during the timeframe stipulated above or rejects, forfeits or declines acceptance of the prize, that person’s right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next randomly drawn participant.
- The claim for any prize will be subject to security and validation, and Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by a particular winner is valid. The selected winners must be able to identify themselves, in a manner determined by Vodacom, as the qualifying entrants to the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure, determined by Vodacom, in order to claim any prizes, failing which such winner will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant.
- Notwithstanding the fact that the prizes vest in the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, in the event that the required documentation from a particular winner has not been received at the agreed cut-off date communicated to the winner, or no effort is made on the part of any of the winners to make special arrangements to meet the deadline set by Vodacom, such prize will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the right to award the prize to the finalist that is next in line.
- The winners’ name and location will be displayed on vodacom.co.za after a period of 2 (two) working days subsequent to notification of the winners.
- Vodacom shall request the winners’ consent in writing to their image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as winners. The winners may decline the use of their image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
- All prizes will be transferred electronically by the relevant radio station to the winners’ bank account only. No prizes will be delivered to a postal address or an alternative recipients’ bank account.
- In order to effect arrangements required for the prize fulfilment in terms of this Competition, Vodacom will share personal details of the respective winners, such as name and surname, contact number and physical address for the distribution of the prize items, and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect prize fulfilment .
- If a winner cannot accept a prize for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected entrant.
- All risks and ownership of the prizes shall pass to the winners on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shall terminate.
- User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for execution of the Competition.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the participant or the promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (“CPA“).
- In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Vodacom may refuse to award a prize if entry procedures or these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify participants that they are rejected.
- Vodacom and/or any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition, shall not be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the Competition or from claiming the prize.
- Vodacom is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation and / or prize redemption process of the Competition. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems affecting participating in and/or the prize redemption process of the Competition.
- Vodacom, its directors, employees, agents and distributors, are not responsible for any misrepresentation (whether written or verbal) in respect of any prize nor in respect of any warranties, guarantees or undertakings given by any person other than Vodacom itself.
- If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
- All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its website and mobile site respectively: